Why fix it if it isn’t broken? Following the incredibly successful Mandatory World Tour 2015, the very funny and talented four-time Grammy-winning artist “Weird Al” Yankovic has announced that the show will go on and he will continue his Mandatory World Tour into 2016.
After a much needed break, he will re-launch his 76-city tour, including the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles and Radio City Music Hall in New York City, on June 3rd.
Sounds good? Well, he also announced that he is holding what he calls, “a flyaway contest” where winning contestants will win an all-expense-paid trip to either Los Angeles to see one of his two performances at the Hollywood Bowl or to New York City and catch his final show at Radio City Music Hall on Sept 24th.
Each winner receives:
- Roundtrip Airfare for winner & a guest
- 2 nights at a 4 star hotel
- 2 tickets to a Mandatory World Tour performance. Winner chooses: Hollywood Bowl Sat, July 23 or Radio City Sat, Sept 24
- Invitation to attend pre-show VIP Mandatory Lounge
- Exclusive limited edition Mandatory World Tour flag personally signed by Al.
- $100 food and beverage credit
Transit to and from LA or NY airport
In a statement from “Weird Al” himself, he said: “I’ve decided to do the Mandatory World Tour for one more year, after learning that some people didn’t make it out to the show this last time around. Apparently, they don’t know the meaning of the word ‘mandatory’!!”
All the details including tour dates and contest information can be found at weirdal.com.
Mandatory World Tour tickets are on sale now. Check out the tour video teaser below: