Home RMW News Mislabeled Drugs Were Found At Prince's Home

Mislabeled Drugs Were Found At Prince’s Home

-

One of the most defining moments of 2016 so far was the tragic passing of music icon Prince.

Taken from us all far too soon at the young age of 57, Prince Rogers Nelson’s death was most likely due to a painkiller addiction that led to his apparent overdose.

The drug that was prevalent in his system at the time of his death was fentanyl, prince sqan incredibly potent drug. Prince possessed the drug without a prescription, which has led authorities to question at least one doctor that Prince saw on two occasions in April.

In a story from The Guardian newspaper, it has emerged that a number of pills taken from the singer’s home after his death have proven to be not only mislabeled, but also counterfeit.

The pills in question are marked as “Watson 385”, but they actually contained fentanyl as well as lidocaine. To put it in perspective, fentanyl is 50 times as potent as heroin, and has been growing in popularity; it is certainly responsible for surges in overdose cases around the US.

These pills marked as “Watson 385” were supposed to be a mixture of acetaminophen and hydrocodone, mainly known as Vicodin, but were in fact fentanyl, lidocaine, and another drug—and potentially deadly if taken in the wrong dosage.

Officials who wished to remain anonymous have claimed to have found over two dozen similar pills at Prince’s Paisley Park residence, as well as an aspirin bottle that contained 64 counterfeit tablets that proved to be a mixture of fentanyl, lidocaine and U-47700, a synthetic drug eight-times as potent as morphine.

The same officials also confirmed that a bottle of oxycodone pills were discovered, with someone else’s name on the prescription.

The investigation is still ongoing, but the fact that fentanyl wasn’t found to be in Prince’s system in tests prior to his death point to the fact that he was not a longtime fentanyl user and that perhaps the singer’s overdose was indeed accidental.

If the pills Prince took were given to him under the guise of being Vicodin and not fentanyl, unfortunately, an accidental overdose makes perfect sense.

Photos: Getty

prince long

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Lets Connect

13,691FansLike
96FollowersFollow
237FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Must Read

(Some Of) The Best Post-Punk Bands Ever

Post-punk is a broadly defined musical genre that emerged in the mid to late 70s. Bands began experimenting with a variety of musical genres...