Well, after days, if not weeks, of rumors and mass speculation, the cat is out of the bag. Guns N’ Roses have finally announced that the bands iconic debut album Appetite For Destruction is being remastered and re-released in time for summer.
Landing on June 29th, the album will be released via UMC/Polydor, and will be available in lots of different formats that will include, CD, 2CD deluxe edition, 2LP 180g vinyl, a super deluxe edition CD box set, and for you collectors and audiophiles out there, you can get your hands on a massive Locked N’ Loaded vinyl box set.
The box sets are the big deal here. It will be a limited run of 10,000 copies worldwide, and will include a 4CD super deluxe edition that will feature the album newly remastered for the first time, B-Sides N’ Eps. It even features the previously unreleased 1986 Sound City Session N’ More recordings, and the Live ?!*@ Like a Suicide EP which contains the extra track Shadow Of Your Love.
They will also be releasing the album via a Blu-ray audio disc. This will contain promotional videos and bonus tracks in 5.1 surround sound, as well as the video for It’s So Easy. This is a nice addition for fans, as the video was originally shot in 1989 but was never completed.
To round off the new release, there will be six replica 7-inch singles available as well as a vinyl pressing of Shadow Of Your Love on yellow vinyl. When you add a 96-page book with previously unreleased photos that have been taken from front-man Axl Rose’s personal archive.
So, should you be tempted to buy, you will have in total, 73 tracks, of which 49 are previously unreleased tons of unseen footage, and lots of photos that have never been seen. All in all, for fans, it’s a no brainer.
‘Locked N’ Loaded’ will include:
- 12 new illustration lithos – visualising each song from the album
•5 Metal band skull face rings
• 5 Metal band skull face lapel pins
• 5 Metal guitar picks with band skull faces & signatures
• 5 previously unseen band member lithos
• 5 GN’R Logo Buttons
• Robert Williams painting litho
• Replica ‘85/’86 gig banner
• Welcome To The Jungle video invite flyer – originally drawn by Slash
• Turntable mat
• Microfiber vinyl cleaning cloth
• 7-inch large hole adapter
• 6 replica early years gig flyers
• 6 iron-on stitched logo patches
• 2-inch collectable coin
• Bandana with silver metallic ink
• 2 wall posters
• Temporary band member tattoos
• 3 replica ticket stubs
• Numbered certificate of authenticity