More Strokes?

There have been rumours for a while now and those rumours have been stoked again this weekend.

Here’s the update. We could be treated to new music from the Strokes much sooner than we thought. Although, founding rhythm guitarist Albert Hammond, Jr. insisted in July that there were no plans for the New York outfit to get back in the studio, on Sunday night, lead singer Julian Casablancas announced that the Strokes were working on new music.

The band was performing at Washington, D.C.’s Landmark Festival where Casablancas reportedly told the crowd, “We’ll be back soon. We’ll be back in the studio and sh-t.” And as if to confirm it, guitarist Nick Valensi’s wife, Amanda de Cadenet, also tweeted that the “cat was out of the bag.”Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 7.08.16 AM

We’re glad to hear this because when earlier this year Hammond, Jr. spoke to EW about his new solo album, and was quizzed whether the Strokes had anything in the works he replied, “We don’t. That’s about it.”

It’s a lot of back and forth and depending on which member we hear from it’s hard to know what to believe! Casablancas, told Noisey this spring, “It’s the first time we’ve been exclusively writing since [The Strokes’ 2013 album] Comedown Machine,” he says. “We’re planning on recording stuff. I still think we could do cool things and I’ll do that.”

All of us at Rock My World will keep you fans in the know with any updates. Watch this space….

Photos: Getty

Story: Tony Fennell

Related News